Red Alert! Star Trek Online Season 11.5 Now Available
Mid-Season Update Brings a Revamped Skill System, New Visual Slots and More
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 —
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc. and Cryptic Studios announced Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 is now available. The mid-season update introduces a new featured episode called “Temporal Front” and system updates designed to improve the gaming experience for STO captains hailing from all different factions. This includes a revamp of the current Skill System, secondary options for the Specialization System, plus new Visual Slots to customize the look and feel of ships.
The new featured episode, “Temporal Front,” brings players to the Romulus Embassy, where faction leaders are meeting to discuss an alliance after the Iconian War. All attempts to reach a peaceful resolution are destroyed when the Na’Kuhl crash the summit to attack the embassy. This invasion sends players on a mission to the future to battle the Na’Kuhl before they travel through time to destroy the Federation.
The release of Season 11.5 provides players with access to several new gameplay updates. This includes a complete overhaul to the current Skill System. The update was designed to make the process of leveling up much more rewarding and easier to understand. Skills progression will now be presented in a streamlined interface that is easier to use and includes better descriptions and explanations for combat mechanics.
The mid-season update also introduces Visual Slots, allowing players greater control over the appearance of their ships by allowing Deflectors, Impulse Engines and Shields to display their distinct appearances without altering their ships’ performance.
A full list of gameplay updates include:
- New Featured Episode “Temporal Front” – Captains must travel through time to prevent the Na’Kuhl from destroying the present by invading our past.
- Skill System Revamp – Skills progression is now presented in a streamlined, easy-to-use interface that includes more detailed instructions.
- Visual Slots – Slot items to choose how your starship looks, without having to change how it performs.
- Strategist Secondary Specialization – Players can choose from a selection of space-based abilities, which can shift between offensive and defensive effects.
- Romulan Admiralty Campaign – Captains can earn rewards by completing a new set of Admiralty assignments designed to assist the Romulan Republic.
- Na’Kuhl Red Alerts – This alert system will sound off to lets players know when they can queue up in groups of five to fight off the Na’Kuhl.
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online game where players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship, become a Klingon Warrior and champion the Empire through the far reaches of the galaxy, or rebuild the Romulan legacy as the commander of a Romulan Republic Warbird. Its last expansion, Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, brought players into the Delta Quadrant and reintroduced them to iconic members from the Star Trek: Voyager cast including Seven of Nine, The Doctor, Harry Kim, Neelix and Tuvok. In Star Trek Online players have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek universe, reach out to unexplored star systems and make contact with new alien species.
Star Trek Online is licensed by CBS Consumer Products.
® & © 2016 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.